Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mike Who?

Tucker had just been put down for a nap and I was thinking it sounded like a great plan to take one myself when Patrick plopped into the recliner and turned on the tv. He was in an interesting mood for a Saturday. Normally he would have been on the couch with me fighting over who got enough room to be comfortable, but no he had an agenda. Then it came on, the press conference. Yes he stood and clapped there in the living room. Arkansas Razorbacks announce Mike Anderson as the new head men's basketball coach. Really, I thought, you are going to wake the baby up over some stinking head coach announcement. Then they began to talk about the guy. Now Patrick didn't cry when he proposed to me, on our wedding day, or even at the birth of Tucker James. But now, yes now, when they announce that Mike Anderson is going to be head coach the man wells up with tears. (note that he did not actually cry, but his eyes did have water in them). I looked at him and asked if he was serious. He then proclaimed how great the man was and that he hadn't watched Arkansas Basketball since the guy left. He was just so proud of him. I just laughed and yes watched the whole stinking press conference. Looks like I will not only have to watch every football game next year...basketball is in now too...dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment