Drinking his Sprite.
Tucker had his first Emergency Room visit this past week. No, surprisingly he did not hurt himself. This time it was just one SICK baby... When Patrick went to pick him up on Monday from Rah Rah's he had slept over half the day. I just shrugged it off to us visiting Papa's house last weekend and not sleeping or taking naps like he was used to. Then around 8 I noticed he felt a little warm, after his bath I gave him some Ibuprofen and reminded myself that I would need to wake up at 12 to give him some more. When I woke up at 12 to get him some Tylenol I felt the poor guy...He was so hot it was hard for me to touch him. After panicking and waking Patrick we took his temperature. Now this would not have been difficult but Tucker had found the thermometer a few weeks ago and walked around playing with it making it beep for a good hour before I realized what he was playing with. (I know, I am so observant). Anyway I looked at the temperature and it said 38.9 C. Okay I have no clue how he did this but Tucker had converted my thermometer to C....yea who can read that? anyway, After running to the computer I realized that he had 104 F temp...and I panicked again!
We got to the hospital and were sitting in the waiting room when a group of people walked in...I really don't like to judge people, but you know those people that make you cling harder to your children, the ones with 5 different colors in their hair and non of them are natural looking...I mean yea...At this time I realize that we forgot Tucker's sippy in the car..Patrick turns to me and laughs and says are you sure you want me to go and get it...I decided Tucker wasn't thirsty...but only after two of them started make gestures which included their mouths and fingers at each other through a window....YEA!..right there in the waiting room.
Anyway after seeing the doc we figured out that Tucker had a sever ear infection (that he never told me about, and we all know now how observant I am)and a sore throat. He got a shot of antibiotics that he did not enjoy and we got back to bed around 2:30...
Yep it was an eventful night, but I am happy to report that he is currently feeling great and full of it!
We got to the hospital and were sitting in the waiting room when a group of people walked in...I really don't like to judge people, but you know those people that make you cling harder to your children, the ones with 5 different colors in their hair and non of them are natural looking...I mean yea...At this time I realize that we forgot Tucker's sippy in the car..Patrick turns to me and laughs and says are you sure you want me to go and get it...I decided Tucker wasn't thirsty...but only after two of them started make gestures which included their mouths and fingers at each other through a window....YEA!..right there in the waiting room.
Anyway after seeing the doc we figured out that Tucker had a sever ear infection (that he never told me about, and we all know now how observant I am)and a sore throat. He got a shot of antibiotics that he did not enjoy and we got back to bed around 2:30...
Yep it was an eventful night, but I am happy to report that he is currently feeling great and full of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment